"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." – Hubert Humphry
Wills and Estate
I provide the following estate services through collaboration with Vancouver lawyer, Halldor Bjarnason:
- Planning for future asset transfers to your heirs through wills, trusts, inter vivos asset transfers, and other forms of asset transfer.
- Providing advice on estate planning techniques including charitable giving to minimize tax liabilities.
- Providing expertise on future control and distribution of assets through various trusts.
- Planning for future incapacity using tools such as enduring Powers of Attorney and Representation Agreements.
- Assisting with current incapacity issues through court appointed decision-makers (private "committeeship" applications).
- Assisting with estate administration, including probate, and applying for "Letters of Administration" when someone dies without a will.
- Challenging wills and trusts through the Wills Variation Act, the Trustee Act, and other laws.
- Providing advice to Executors/Executrixes, Trustees, and Representatives on their roles and obligations, and on getting proper remuneration for their services.